Sunday, April 15, 2012

5-man groups are a reality...

...of sorts.

You know how in Diablo 3 you can only have 4 people maximum in a group, right? Well, it turns out that there's a bug of some sort in beta patch 16 which occasionally allows a 5th person to join the group. Check out this screenshot that I took yesterday evening. Sorry for blurring the names but I don't want to disclose anyone's character's names.


There I was chillin' out on my female Monk with 3 other random people, when all of a sudden a 5th person, the level 1 Barbarian at the bottom, joins the group. Luckily I was quick enough to take a screenshot before he was automatically booted from the group.

Thing is, this wasn't an isolated incident. It actually happened twice last night, in different groups. The second time I wasn't quick enough to save a screenshot.

This is something that, to me, never happened before patch 16. My suspicion is that there are so many people in the beta now (Blizzard just invited an additional 275K players into the beta) that occasionally the system hiccups.

If you were hoping that 5-man groups had become a reality, I'm sorry to disappoint. It's unlikely that Blizzard will increase group size. As it is, with so many skill and spell effects, not to mention summons and minions, the screen can sometimes become chaotic.

Has this happened to you recently? Have you ever found yourself in a 5-man group?

No comments: