Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Act 1 Inferno down

Last night I completed Act 1 of Inferno on my Monk. I killed the Butcher easily in what felt like an anticlimax.


After bitching so hard about patch 1.0.3 I feel almost ashamed at my outburst. What can I do, I'm hotblooded... The fact remains that the patch lost me over a million gold, even if I managed to make a full recovery afterwards. Recoveries don't come cheap though.

Let me tell you a bit about my Monk's stats, which allowed me to so easily complete Act 1 in Inferno. All of these are unbuffed but with the Enchantress companion (who gives extra armor and DPS).

18K DPS (1549 Dexterity)
30.4K Life
5871 Armor
35.5% Dodge
20% Block
303 Resist All

Here's my build. I changed it a few days ago, in a departure from what I had been using for the past couple of weeks.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#biXgYh!ZUX!ZZbaca

If you get stuck with your Monk, I highly recommend this build. If there's one word to describe it, it's "awesome". I don't take credit for it because this is the exact same build used by the guy in this video:


So while this isn't my own innovation, I can attest to the fact that it works very well and playing the Monk is, once more, a pleasure. The video is quite long but worth watching, at least until you can see how he explains the build.

My gear is quite decent for Act 1, as you can imagine. I have a 910 DPS blue sword with 1.47 attack speed. I paid 850K for it on the Auction House and even though it seemed expensive at the time, now I believe it was quite a steal. For some reason 900+ DPS weapons are incredibly expensive.

Yeah, so that's about it for now. I'm satisfied that I have Act 1 on farm mode. I can make a very nice circuit of the most interesting areas (by taking various waypoints) and finally, with 5 stacks of Nephalem Valor, I can kill the Butcher easily. The fun is back in the game. I really enjoy this endgame farming aspect where I have a chance to find the most powerful items in the game, including a legendary or two.

I don't want to move to Act 2 right away. I think I'm going to farm Act 1 for at least another couple of weeks until I can slowly gear myself up for Act 2. I need about 500 Resist All for that, and also more DPS.

So where are you at? Have you reached Inferno yet? Have you finished it? What is the highest area you have on farm?

No comments: