Sunday, May 27, 2012

D3 Marathon - Day 12

This update will be brief and very late because I was away on business for most of the day.

On day 12 I moved to Inferno after reaching 60 but I haven't even met the first champion/rare pack and got scared. Those zombies at the very beginning hit hard and have a lot of hit points.

I checked my stats and it took me 48 hours and 30 minutes of play on the Monk, to finish Hell. I finished it with 10K DPS and 26K health. I beat Hell Diablo on the first try, though it was quite challenging and I came close to dying several times. Luckily, I kept using my defensive cooldowns successively, along with health potions and health shrines, keeping myself alive.

The problem is that I hit a big tall wall in Inferno. My 10K DPS doesn't cut it anymore. I was hoping I could kill the Skeleton King quickly and go on to farm Fields of Misery. Alas, that ain't gonna happen soon. I need at least 15K DPS, preferably 20K or even more, to get to that point.

So I did the only thing I could: went back to Hell, Act 2 this time. I'm farming the zone where you get the quest to find Zoltun Kulle's body parts. With 5 stacks of Nephalem Valor (which build up fairly quickly) I can make 100K gold in an hour. I need some serious gear upgrades if I'm to farm Act 1 of Inferno.

That's it for today. Have you made it to Inferno? How's your progress so far?

Follow the D3 Marathon

No comments: