Monday, October 17, 2011

Act I - A New Hope


Diablo Incgamers had a very interesting article today. If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it. It proposes a very intriguing theory.

Based on various indicators and some solid logical analysis, the author reaches the conclusion that the Diablo 3 beta is a tailor-built level and not the actual Act I. He believes that what we see in the beta is less than half of the real game and that Blizzard intentionally crafted this demo so that the actual content of Act I won't be revealed.

What does this mean? It means that it made me excited about the game, once more. While the beta so far has seemed a bit lackluster in content (but not in gameplay and graphics which are still kickass and scream Diablo!), it hadn't occurred to me that this was, in fact, a castrated and very limited portion of Act I, without all the monsters, all the lore, all the quests, all the NPCs and all the bosses, not to mention rune stones.


So yeah, if this guy is right (and my feeling is that he is), we have a lot to look forward to. Especially since Leoric isn't even the final boss of the first act (apparently). This gives me, if you will, a new hope.

No comments: