Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sunday, legendary Sunday

How crazy chance can be sometimes. My buddy from overseas, whom I play with on weekends, had reached level 60 recently with his Barbarian and I joined him in Inferno Act 1 with my Monk. We wanted to get him past the first few quests.

In the space of less than an hour, to my utter shock, I got no less than 3 legendary drops. Here they are.




Cindercoat, Gladiator Gauntlets and Skorn.

What are the chances of that happening? 1 in a gazillion? The silly thing is that I didn't have any Nephalem Valor or even a Magic Find set. In total I had about 15% MF. Even crazier is the fact that all these items dropped from random monsters, not even elites or champions.

While I was obviously excited to see them drop, my enthusiasm quickly cooled when I identified them. These legendaries are pathetic. Once again, this is an example of Blizzard's failure in item design. Not only are they bland and flavorless, but these particular ones are also useless for a level 60 (or even lower) character.

Oh well, at least I can get about 400K if I sell them.

No comments: