Thursday, March 15, 2012

Diablopocalipse on May 15, 2012!

So here we are, dear friends. The wait is finally over. Diablo 3 will launch on the 15th of May 2012. I specified the year just to make sure it's not May 15th 2013 or 2014. But in case you've been living under a rock, you already know all this. This post is simply my acknowledgement of the fact.

I am a bit disappointed that the rumored 17th of April date didn't come true. But at this point it was very unrealistic that they would launch the game in one month.

I'm counting the days until release. Until then, I have a lot of other stuff to take care of, in preparation for gaming like I've never gamed before.

I will be buying the digital edition, not today but perhaps tomorrow. I want to have everything downloaded and ready to fire the day it is released.

I would also like to rant a bit. Browsing various forums I've noticed that numerous people were very dismissive of the Diablo 3 beta, claiming that it is boring and it doesn't have a lot of content and whatnot. Well, fuckity-fuck folks, give me your damn key if you are being snotty like that! Damn, I've been pining for a beta key for months and I'm still the unlucky one.

I'm hoping that Blizzard will use this opportunity to open the beta to more people, perhaps even completely to anyone who wishes to play. I doubt that will happen. How about this though: give access to the beta to everyone who preorders? That would be fair, wouldn't it? Though it might not necessarily be in Blizzard's best interest...

Aww screw it. At least we all know when the damn game will be out and the endless speculation is over.

No comments: